Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Rice Cereal Experiment


We tried giving Zoe rice cereal this evening. It was not really to her liking.

I wasn't going to start solids until 6 months, but I needed a medication delivery vehicle and the crushed up medicine in a bottle of breastmilk wasn't cutting it cause she wouldn't finish the whole thing [*she's not sick...it was the medicine we all had to take cause Jack got pinworms]. So, I decided to take the little bit of medicine/breastmilk mixture that was left and mix that with some rice cereal and hope she'd eat it. I thought for sure she would - this kid likes to eat - look at her cheeks, for crying out loud. Or, I thought the novelty alone would get her. Hey - I get to put something in my mouth that you're not going to yank back out again?

No dice. She hated it. Click the photo to see the rest of the set.

No comments: