Monday, July 28, 2008

In Michigan

Dear Zoe,

We are in Michigan visiting your Grandma Patty and actually enjoying summer, which is something we can't do in Kansas. I grew up playing in Lake Michigan and in Grand Traverse Bay...doing mermaid dives, rolling in the sand and skipping stones. It's the only way to do summer if you ask me. Summer anywhere else just isn't summer.

Yesterday was your first day at the beach. We took you to Good Harbor, one of my favorite beaches here. You LOVED it. You kicked and flailed your arms around when you saw the waves come in and you stuck both of your hands in the sand as soon as I set you down. You ate sand by the handful - I tried to get most of it out of your mouth at first, but the gave up. Guess you need extra minerals. You played in the waves and splashed around and loved every minute of it.




Being at the beach totally wore you out. I think you were asleep in the car 45 seconds after we left. You LOVE LOVE LOVED it, baby girl. I knew you would.

Love,
Momma

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this video cracks me up

F.J. said...

THE BEST EVER! WORK THOSE HANDS!

David said...

This is so cute Zoe. You look like a
natural.