Sunday, September 7, 2008

A letter from Grandma Patty

My Dearest Zoe,

It’s been three weeks since your summer visit to Michigan came to an end and I’m already cruising for plane tickets to come and visit you and your sweet family. I loved having you here for three weeks. I miss you so much. Watching you grow (via the website) is fantastic and I appreciate it so much. However, nothing compares to having your warm, sweet self in my arms. Listening to you jabber, squeal and laugh is such sweet music. And I’m addicted to your terrific baby scent.



There are so many blessings about having you, Zoe B for my “grand baby”. And despite the distance apart your Momma is making it bearable documenting your life for us to follow on the website.
More blessings: You are totally adorable. We all know that. Your Grandpa David and I have the distinct pleasure of experiencing you like an amazing rerun of the “sweetest little pumpkin baby”, AKA Chelsea Bauer (Bean)-Greene. Now your Momma and Daddy get the minute, by hour, by day joy of watching you grow and learn and have tons of fun together. From all reports you sound so much like Chelsea when she was a little one. You look so much like her. She tried not to sleep – so as not to miss a thing. She was always happy and sailed along with whatever was going on. All in all, Chelsea’s a lucky momma to have such a sweet daughter and you such a fabulous Mom.
And there are all the people who love you…Geez Louise! That’s a blessing.
I’ve had to put away your baby swing and chair; and mail you boxes of things you left behind so your suitcase would be lighter. Your backyard swing is there to remind me of your laughing, happy face as you swept back and forth. I love to recite to you bits of The Swing by Robert Louis Stevenson from The Garden of Verses: 


How do you like to go up in a swing, 

Up in the air so blue? 

Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do! 



Up in the air and over the wall, 

Till I can see so wide, 

River and trees and cattle and all 

Over the countryside-- 

 Till I look down on the garden green, 

Down on the roof so brown-- 

Up in the air I go flying again, 
 Up in the air and down!

(I only know the first verse, but perhaps I’ll know them all when I see you again.)
Our blessings abound.
Your adoring Grandma Patty misses and loves you always.

No comments: