Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Zoe B - 7 years old

 Whoa, you're 7? What?!?

I remember being a little kid and thinking that 7 seemed old and that when I finally got to be 7 things would really start picking up for me. And now I have a kid that's 7? Things picked up, indeed.

The last few months have been busy and so much fun. Although you were sick on your birthday, which I honestly can't believe. You had the flu - you woke up in the middle of the night of your birthday with a killer headache and a fever. You were out of your mind disappointed because you had been looking forward to it for months. The week that you were sick, 26% of the kids at Briarwood were sick. NUTS!

You had a pretty awesome birthday party, which fortunately was planned for a few weeks after the real day. You and 3 friends went to see Annie on the day it opened. You had a blast. I thought the movie sort of sucked, but shockingly you never asked what I thought. :)

Suddenly it was Christmas time, and Grandma Patty came to visit. We had a great time. There were Christmas jammies and cookies and we drove through Candy Cane Lane a hundred times (or at least it felt like it). It was magical, as Christmas tends to be.

You are such a smart little cookie and often times really think you have things handled and that I could just resign as mother because you'd be happy to take over. You love to read (lately it's Junie B Jones books) and you're an amazing reader. You also love to watch not-so-amazing YouTube videos made by children whose parents give them free reign with a video camera and internet connection. But I'm trying REALLY hard to just let you be you and to let you like what you like even though there are all kinds of cool things you could watch on YouTube that don't involve weird strangers video-taping themselves doing handstands. NEVERTHELESS!

You're super sweet with your sister, who is mostly super sweet with you, too. You guys seriously melt me into a giant puddle you're so cute together. It snowed the other day and I saw you out there pulling her in the sled and I wanted to lay down and the floor and sob because it's so lovely to have a sister and I'm just so happy for you. I'm emotional. I know you understand - you're an emotional lady. You come by it honestly, as your dad likes to say.

You keep talking about the 10 year old trip you'll take with your dad for your 10th birthday. Now you're considering Mexico and Tokyo (even though it's supposed to be continental US) because I think you've got your Dad's number. I love it. The other day you had a day off school and we had to take Junie to preschool and you said you'd rather stay home with Dad. When I told you Dad was going to work, you said, "That's ok - I'll go to work with him. I like elevators and being in New York." So I said, "Dad doesn't work in New York." And you replied, "Well, it's LIKE New York with all the tall buildings and stuff."

We went to Arizona a few weeks ago and we went to the Phoenix Zoo. You totally shocked me because the first thing you wanted to do was ride a camel. I was like, "really?" and you said, "I'm brave now." And yep - you got right on a camel.  You're brave now. For sure.

I love you, my sweet 7 year old. You are, as always, the light of my life.
xoxox
Mom













1 comment:

Patty said...

Chelsea you totally nailed it. She's a treasure and I sure get how important the sister bond is.
I love you to pieces Ms. Zoe B, kid supervisor. You are the best. I can't wait to see you in March!!!!!!!