Sunday, July 26, 2009

MICHIGAN!

Zoe B,

We are in Northern Michigan for a whole month! That's a long time, baby girl. We arrived Thursday after two days of driving (you watched more Elmo and Signing Time than any child should EVER watch) and man, you are eating this place up.

You are absolutely infatuated with the animals here - Sam the (freaking giant) dog and Tansy the cat. You were very unsure about them when we first arrived and would scream and shake when they got close to you, but now you're warming to them. You're happy with them when it's all on your terms, but if they come to close to you when you're not ready you scream a little and say, "HONEY!" or "NOOOOOO!". The "honey" is disgustingly cute. I think you say honey in times of distress because I call you honey when you're out of sorts/hurt/sad/etc. I told my mom this morning that I think Sam is rocking your world. A few times since we've been here you've startled awake and immediately cried out, "SAM!"...and one of the first things you do is look for that huge dog (pony?) when you wake up in the morning.

Here's a video of you "throwing" (might be a bit of stretch to call it throwing) the ball to Sam.



You can't get enough of your Grandma and she obviously loves you to pieces. She feeds you cookies for breakfast and takes you out for walks under the stars at 11.30 at night.

A word about nursing: you're too busy to eat much these days so I'm so glad you're still nursing. When you want to nurse you say, "NURSH-AH!" and when you want to switch sides you say, "bitch, mama." instead of "switch, mama." Ah, you and your filthy mouth. I actually had written a whole post about how you began to use a few swear words but then had to hide it due to your older sister Josie wanting to show someone your site. I'll dig it up again later so we'll have that story here as well.

I love you, Michigan Bean!

Mama

1 comment:

eileen said...

I had to watch this video over to believe my eyes, Zoe, looks like maybe someday you MAY have a dog!
I know your Grandma loves you soooo
much and this especially must make her very happy, sorry to your mama
Love you,
eileen xoxo