Monday, May 18, 2009

Visiting our friends in Minneapolis/St.Paul

Zoe and I are in St. Paul, MN, visiting the Corradini family. I met Fabrizio, Catherine, Nicola, Antonio and Alexia when I was living in Oxford. I was the worst waitress England had ever seen, so I decided to stop that and pursue one of the other options for people who couldn't work legally in the UK which was babysitting. I helped out Catherine while she was very pregnant with Alexia by hanging out with Nicola (4) and Antonio (2). I held Alexia the day she was born. Then I went back to the states for a few years and they called me when they were about to move to Italy and needed help as at that time Catherine was very pregnant with Raffaele. I also held Raffi the day he was born.

They moved over here last summer intending to stay for a while, but things went "tits up" and they are moving back to Belgium this summer. It's been 5 years since I've seen them and I figured if I didn't get up to visit now that I'd go another 5 years without seeing them.

Here is a picture of me and Alexia in Italy in 2003, and then Alexia and Zoe yesterday.


3 comments:

Patty said...

How sweet! My best to the Coradinis. More photos please.
Love.
Patty Momma

eileen said...

Zoe looks like she fits right in, not
a baby anymore, definitely a toddler.
Hugs and kisses to you, big girl.
Much love, eileena

Patty said...

LOVE the videos. What fun!