Thursday, May 7, 2009

17 months

Dear Zoe,

Bean! Yesterday you turned 17 months old. We didn't throw a party or anything because now that you're a KID you only get birthdays once a year, ok?



I really can't believe how much you are talking. A friend told me that her daughter had 70 words by the time she was 18 months...so I started to count how many words you say and then that got boring. You know A LOT of words. Some of your favorites are: please, chip (you like the salty over the sweet, baby!), duck, hi, car, outside (which just sounds like siiiide), shoes and water. It seems like you could say a few things one day, and then suddenly you could say 100 things. You don't waste time, Senorita.

Here's a video of some of your talking with a little bit of your sweet dancing action thrown in. Pretty amazing.


At least twice a week your Grandpa David (Buppa is what you call him) comes over to play with you or you go visit him at his place. You guys have a special relationship - you always have. I really love to see you doing your thing together. He follows your lead and you guys have the best of times. Just makes me want to melt into a puddle on the floor.

Here you are taking your duck for a walk together today.


Every single morning, you head for the door and say "siiide?" because you want to go outside. You LOVE to play outside. Once out there, it's only a matter of time before you say something that doesn't really sound like swing but I know it means swing because when I say "you want to swing?" you nod and head for the back yard. You swing for probably 90 minutes a day, no kidding. You can't get enough. I don't blame you, it's good stuff.




I can't wait to see what fun we have this next month. We are celebrating Jack's 7th birthday, going on a trip to Minneapolis/St. Paul and then Jack and Josie get out of school for the summer. You'll be glad to have them home more.

I am enjoying every minute of every day with you, my sweet bean. You are the light of my life...


xooxoxoxoxo
Mama

p.s.
please stop pooping in the tub. thanks.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

This post cracked me up. I especially love the P.S.

la_vie_en_shoes said...

I can't stop watching "Please Baby, Please." Just can't.