Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dear Roadtripping Zoe

Dear Zoe B,

We went on a road trip this past week to Branson, Missouri. We all piled into the van and drove about 4 hours (you did great - thanks to your siblings and old school sesame street playing on your own personal dvd player) to Table Rock Lake and met up with your Grandma Jackie, Grandpa Russell, Aunt Jill, Uncle Mark and your cousins Caitie, Sophie and Dominic. First on our agenda was the Dolly Parton Dixie Stampede. I was a little leery of this due to it having the words "dixie" and "stampede" and "Dolly Parton" in the title, but you enjoyed it and you let your hillbilly Greene family roots shine through. You bobbed up and down to the music and seemed generally interested in the horses that I was trying my best to pretend weren't kicking up horse dust into my food.

Thanksgiving was to die for...no cooking and no dishes! Right up your mom's alley. We had Thanksgiving brunch at a posh hotel - it was sort of buffet style with an outrageously awesome spread, (yes, I just said 'spread' - don't make fun of me, nothing else fit) so everyone was happy with the food. Josie had mostly shrimp and crab legs. Dominic had french fries and bacon. Jack had mac n' cheese and waffles. You get the point. It was perfect.



On Friday, we went to Silver Dollar City. It was fun - not too many people - chilly but pleasant (for ME, anyway, your dad acted like we were in the north pole) - the kids loved it and you were happy to watch people from the backpack. There weren't many little kid rides, but you didn't seem to mind. I could tell you were a little peeved by some of the christian propaganda, but as your dad said on the way down - it's the buckle of the bible belt, baby.

When we got home, we decided to give you some of your birthday presents early because we are impatient people and this is the sort of thing we do. I mean - you were 11 days overdue - so anytime after your due date seems like fair game. We got you a little climber thing that you seem to adore. You like to go up the slide and back down over and over again.



I can't believe you're going to be 1. I know I keep saying that. Where has the time gone? I....no, I'll save the blubbering for your actual birthday post. This post was supposed to be about Thanksgiving.

I love you, bean.

Love,
Momma

3 comments:

la_vie_en_shoes said...

Zoe, you were game for anything the Ozarks threw at you.

David said...

Zoe, someday I will take you to the hills of Tenn and so you your roots. With that coonskin hat on you would fit right in, (u-all).

Anonymous said...

Zoe,
We all sure 'nuff had fun in them thar Ozarks! You gotta admit, it's beautiful country with lots to see and do. You were such a good girl and did some real fancy Dixie flag wavin'!
Gma J