Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Already?

Tomorrow Zoe is starting her "lunch bunch" at preschool. On Thursdays she gets there a few hours earlier for more play and then gets to have lunch before her regular class starts.

Tonight we were packing her lunch and I snuck in a little drawing of a heart around her name on a post-it note.

She said, "What's that?"
I replied, "A little heart so you can remember how much I love you."
She nodded her head and walked away. I started to talking to Travis about something.

A few minutes later she walked up to me with the post-it note in her hand and said, in a very teenager-ish voice, "It was really nice of you to draw that for me, but...I don't want it." Dropped the note on the floor and walked away.


WHAT!? I can't even stick a note in your lunch when you're THREE?!




1 comment:

eileen said...

OMG, sorry Chels but I think that's so funny and so her. Zoe you are growing up WAY TOO FAST...that's great how sure of yourself you are, right on sister! I love you and miss you tons,
Eileen xoxox