Wednesday, June 25, 2008

News Flash

We here at Chez Zoe have been BUSY. BIZZ-AY. Things are happening, Zoe is growing and changing every day and her Mama can't keep up. Here are some highlights:

This last Sunday, Zoe and I were the first ones up. While everyone else in the house slept in, we decided to run up to Price Chopper (affectionately referred to as "the choppa") to get some donuts and juice. While I was checking out, Zoe sat happily in the cart eating my keys. As is fairly standard, a few of the women who work at the choppa came over to ooh and aah over Zoe. We were ready to head out and one of the women leaned over and waved goodbye to Zoe and said, "Bye, sweetie!" and Zoe presented her sly little half grin and waved back! The check-out lady said, "look how little she is and she's waving!" I just thought, "DUH. She's a prodigy. Move over, Doogie Howser."

Zoe has been taking shrieking lessons from her brother Jack. Jack screams and squeels when my dad wrestles with him and it drives all of us crazy. Now Zoe shrieks and squeals when she's happy, mad, tired, hungry or trying to gobble up a friend. The other day at Stephanie's house, she grabbed Alexandra by the hair, pulled her toward her and started to eat her nose...all while shrieking like a pterodactyl.



Our dear Erik came to visit last weekend and he and Zoe hit it off big time. I think Erik was happy to help me make my cookies for the Barack Obama bake sale since he got to take breaks and play with Zoe in between batches. If Obama wins, he has Zoe to thank.


Zoe and I are headed to New York City on Friday to visit Aunt Jess and Zoe's east coast fans. We can't wait!

No comments: